We are thrilled – and can confirm 2018’s talent as…
- Brendan Maclean is an Aussie legend in-progress, not only is he a former TedX contributor he is also an accomplished Solo artist and for his work with Marcia Hines and Joe Accaria on the Velvet Original Cast Soundtrack as an ARIA nominee. He also performed in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby in 2013. His video for House of Air was controversially removed from YouTube after 700,000+ views but remains on Vimeo having achieved in excess of 3m views. Taking influence from Tears for Fears, The Presets and Silverchair, Regina Spektor and Sampha he has been compared to Sam Sparro, MIKA and stands before us at Pokolbin Pride as an Ambassador for our community who according an SBS interview “hopes that the future of LGBT+ music will be shaped by individuals who identify as queer—a shift away from traditional idols like Kylie, Britney Spears and Madonna.”
- Geraldine Turner OAM is Australian Entertainment Royalty as a leading performer in musical theatre since the 1970s she’s starred in Wicked, Oliver, Chicago and Cabaret and is now performing in the Hunter Valley at Tamburlaine Organic Wines on Friday 12th October 2018 as part of the Pokolbin Pride Festival.
- Luke Antony who headlined at Pokolbin Pride in 2016 is back to perform at Saturday Night Live following his spectacular performances on The Voice (at the time of writing he’s down to the final 12 and has got all our support to win).Luke is Sydney’s hottest young singer who works constantly – he’s the real deal!
Having performed on an international stage at Berlin Pride in 2016 in-front of thousands, Luke has built his career on his unbeatable skills and charismatic stage presence. From a small town in North Queensland, few have predicted Luke would be writing his first album and performing over 130 gigs every year. With multiple solo releases under his belt Luke has been compared to the vocal stylings of Sam Smith and Guy Sebastian. Luke Antony is an unmissable act.
- Ben Noir’s Burlesque show has performed all over the world from Sydney to Paris to London, Melbourne and in Switzerland. Ben has also performed as the leading man to ex Moulin Rouge star Shay Stafford. It’s with great pleasure and excitement we welcome Ben to open Saturday Night LIVE.
- DJ Mason Andrews burst onto the music scene early 2012, at just 22 years old. From humble beginnings in beachy hometown Newcastle, promoting club events on the LBGTQI Scene, his love for music led him to take to the decks. Leaving every dancefloor wanting more of his funky, energetic vocal house sets, Mason snapped up several respected Sydney residencies such as the infamous Stonewall Hotel, The Gay Bar, Colombian Hotel, Imperial Hotel, and Midnight Shift and was hand picked for residency at one of Australia hottest night spots, ARQ Sydney. In 2015 Mason was selected amongst Headline DJ’s for the Official Sydney Mardi Gras Party where he spun in the main arena, in the Royal Hall of Industries to over 8000 people. With a killer smile and an over energetic personality, this sexy, dynamic and versatile DJ has been influenced by the energetic beats of Crazibiza, Prok & Fitch, Hoxton Whores, Tradelove, UMEK and many more. Playing for packed out venues and events, this crowd please DJ is quickly carving his mark on the music industry, with no sign of easing up and it’s with great pleasure we welcome him back to Pokolbin Pride for his second year as our resident.
- The Timberlina is the Hunter Valley’s resident Queen – regularly hosting Drag Queen Bingo at Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen and performing in Newcastle. She’ll be giving it her all with athletic peformances of the campest and loudest tracks you know at Rainbow feast. on Friday 12th and at Saturday Night LIVE 13th October.
- Carmel Latte will be hosting Friday’s Rainbow feast. at Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen and our Saturday Night Live event at Ben Ean Winery – Carmel’s our indigenous or is that insidious Queen originating for Wollongong and now residing on a couch in Melbourne. If she makes it to the train station on time and is sober enough to click for an Uber from Maitland we are in for a treat.
And we’ve teamed up with three accomodation partners to ensure you get access to the best deals and the most choice…
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley is excited to be one of the accommodation partners and to celebrate we are offering a special discount of 15% during the festival period. BOOK NOW
Dashville Hunter Tent Stays is a secluded bushland venue and campground owned and run by the Johnston family. It is located at Belford, just 20 mins from all the Pride action with simple access from Sydney via the new Hunter Expressway.
The basic run down is below, please read through these points, if anything is unclear, or your date is not listed above, be sure to drop us an email via email@example.com or phone 0417690992 or visit their website to book now.
- Dashville is not your traditional caravan park or campground, we charge everything on a per person rate. There are some optional inclusions that are priced for more than one person, such as 2 person or 4 person tent hire, but unless stated otherwise, all rates and charges are per person.
- You can choose to stay one, two or three nights, Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday. If it’s Friday anytime after 2pm is fine. If it’s Saturday, anytime from 10am is fine.
- On Friday nights, often we will have complimentary live entertainment, licensed bar and dinner available. Friday night activities are numbers dependant and confirmed via email before your arrival.
- Choose your own space/site to set up camp, whether it be a caravan, tent, camper, whatever. There’s no space restrictions. Everything is charged per person so this allows freedom for you to set up however, wherever. Keep in mind under 12 is free to camp ( child meals options are available onsite.)
- Campsites are unpowered. Caravan sites are predominantly unpowered with some powered sites available. Tent hire is available.
- We have hot showers and flushing toilets available around the clock, with 24hr access to power in this area.
- Each night you stay we include a cooked breakfast the following day. This takes the hassle out of bringing all the cooking gear, and on these glorious mornings waking up in the bush, there’s nothing better than slowly easing into the day, whilst someone prepares you a tasty breakfast.