Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for helping to make the inaugural Pokolbin Pride a reality.
With 5200 followers on Facebook we saw almost 600 people come out to the Hunter Valley over the festival and 243 people along to the party on Saturday night featuring Sisco Electro, Luke Antony and DJ Dom De Sousa.
We are delighted to announce the dates for Pokolbin Pride #2 – Friday 20th October to Sunday 22nd October 2017. Make sure you are on the mailing list to receive up to date information about the schedule and early bird tickets.
As the Founders of the festival we have decided to launch two initiatives to keep the momentum going…
Pokolbin Pride Sundays at Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen
- every Sunday from 2pm to 5pm we are offering a share platter and two drinks for $45; we want to create a regular space for the LGBTI community in the Hunter Valley to hang out – friends and families welcome.
Rainbow High Teas at Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen
- Nan’s High Teas are one of our most popular items in the restaurant – from Thursday 10th November all our High Teas will be rainbow high teas and $2 from every sale will go directly into the Pokolbin Pride fund to help make the festival happen each year.
Of course the festival couldn’t have happened without the help of the local businesses that lent us their space, staff, creativity, enthusiasm, insights and financial support…
Our founding partners are…
- Cypress Lakes – Oaks Hotel Resort
- Tamburlaine Organic Wines
- Draytons Family Wines
- Peterson House
- Tinklers Wines
- Eagles Rest Wines
- Ivanhoe Wines
- Log Press Cafe
- Moorebank Private Vineyard
- Hunters Quarter
- Hunter Valley Smelly Cheese Shop
- Lucy Laqua
- Sports Power – Cessnock
- Oliver Campbell Heslop
- The Cellar Restaurant
- Hart & Hunter
- Macquariedale Organic Wines
- McGuigan Wines
- and of course ACON Hunter
See you very soon xxx
Matty & Jimmy